I let my daughter pick out the fabric for this cute dragon and I think she did a great job! Mr. V loves the color blue so we knew this would be a hit with him.
Here are all of the dragon parts all sewed up with my sewing machine, just waiting to be hand sewn together! This was my first all button jointed animal – the instructions in the pattern were great and I didn’t have any trouble at all attaching the arms and legs.
Here is the opposite side view of Dalton – hanging out in his cave!
He has some pretty awesome wings and cute ric rac scales running down his back.
Face close up – don’t you just want to give him a smooch!
Close up of the button joints!
This was a very cute pattern and a pretty easy sew! Here is my usual pattern recap:
- Cute finished stuffie (CHECK). I think I would like to try this pattern in fleece as well – it’s adorable in cotton but not quite as cuddly.
- Pattern layout easy to read (CHECK). Great written instruction and illustrations to demonstrate a few of the more complicated steps – perfect!
- Quick construction (CHECK).
- Full size patterns provided (CHECK).
Things I learned:
- Button joints really are not hard to do and give a different look to the stuffie – which can be very cute!
- I am definitely still working on the art of stuffing a stuffie – but I think I get a little better with every completed critter!
Thanks for checking out my September Stuffie of the Month! Be sure to check out the other cute patterns from SweetBriar Sisters – so many cute ones to chose from! Oh and sign up for their Birthday Club – totally worth it and you stay up to date with all their latest pattern releases!
Up next month, just in time for Halloween, I am going to sew up a fun and very cute witch from Shiny Happy World!
I am very excited about this one, I love reading Wendi’s email newsletters! Hers and Abby Glassenberg’s from While She Naps are the only newsletters I make sure and read every word. Such talented ladies! Check back next month to see my version of this cute witch!