Gift giving doesn’t have to be stressful. To be an awesome gifter, it just takes a little forethought!
Here are a few questions to think about (or maybe even ask them) before picking out that next gift!
- What colors do you notice them wearing a lot? Do you know their favorite color?
- Use that color in your choice of wrapping or gift bag
- What is the hobby or activity that they love? Have you heard them talk about wanting to try something new?
- Look for something related to this hobby or activity! If they love to paint – maybe a new brush set or gift card to Michaels. If they love to play basketball – maybe a water bottle or a team t-shirt.
- Or get them a gift card to try that hobby or experience!
- Do they collect something or have a favorite type of animal?
- My sister loved turtles for the longest time – so I tried to find cute turtle themed items, and my daughter loves cats so I know anything with a cute cat will be a hit!
Gift giving does not have to cost a lot of money.
I am a firm believer that it is the thought that counts the most – as long as you actually put some thought into it!
If the gift is for your child’s friend, classmate or someone you don’t know well – go ahead and ask these questions of the parents, other friends or family members. Friends love to help and I am sure parents would appreciate it as much as the kiddo!
And of course, no one gets it perfect, so be sure to get a gift receipt!!
Happy Gift Giving!