You can’t have a party without people – so let’s talk about the most important piece of party planning – the invitation! Specifically, when to send it and how to send it.
Here are 5 tips on INVITATIONS!
- Send the invitation AT LEAST ONE MONTH before your event. For birthday parties and baby showers it is nice to give your guests at least a month’s notice, or more if you can. People’s calendars fill up so fast these days!
- For larger events (weddings, etc) even more time (at least 3 months) is appreciated, or think about sending a Save the Date if you are still deciding on a theme, etc.
- Kids love getting “good old fashioned” mail! Use your school directory or email parents for addresses and put the invitation in the mail – addressed to the child. They will love getting it!
- If you don’t have time to print invites and address them – Evite is another good option. They have a lot of design options and you can even upload your own image for the Evite! Its easy to track RSVPs as well and send reminders about the party. I still think the at least ONE MONTH rule applies here too. Other online options are: Punchbowl, Pingg, Smilebox
- On the invite (paper or e-version) make sure you have an RSVP contact with email or phone number. It is nice from a planning standpoint (to know how much food to have, or give a headcount to a venue) to know who is coming and letting your child know who can make it to the party is exciting for them too!
If you have any other good invitation tips to share – please share! I will post them on my Facebook page! To see all the printable (and email-able) invitations in my shop – go HERE! Personalized just for your party!!