I think gift giving can be somewhat of an art!
I really do try to think about what the person may really want, what they are interested in, favorite color, etc.
Here are a few questions to think about (or heck maybe even ask them) before picking out that next birthday gift!
- What colors do you notice them wearing a lot? Do you know their favorite color?
- Use that color in your choice of wrapping or gift bag
- What is the hobby or activity that they love? Have you heard them talk about wanting to try something new?
- Look for something related to this hobby or activity! If they love to paint – maybe a new brush set or gift card to Michaels. If they love to play basketball – maybe a water bottle or a team t-shirt.
- Do they collect something or have a favorite type of animal?
- My sister loved turtles for the longest time – so I tried to find cute turtle themed items, and my daughter loves cats so I know anything with a cute cat will be a hit!
Gifts do not have a to cost a lot of money.
I am a firm believer that it is the thought that counts the most – as long as you actually put some thought into it! And of course, no one gets it perfect, so be sure to get a gift receipt!!